Tuesday 15 March 2011

I Love London.......

Took the opportunity of a day off work to have a long stroll along the Thames today with my camera - I didn't get to nearly as many places as I wanted to, but there are always other days! The sun wasn't out, but the hazy / misty (freezing) conditions made more some great photos.....well I think they're alright!

*Click photos for large version!

Started walking from St. Paul's Cathedral, crossing the river on the Millennium Bridge to the Tate Modern.....








The top of The Shard disappeared into the low cloud cover.






Street leading from The Clink Prison Museum



And on to the site of The Golden Hinde



The sun broke through for a few minutes, so decided to go all out and use colour!



I think this is my favourite shot of the day! The silhouette of the bird makes this image for me :)



David Kemp's 'The Navigators' (1987)






Mayor of London's Office, City Hall + Fiona Banner's 'Full Stop Slipstream'(2003).....giant shiny smartie!
The giant smartie + Macro + High light intake = these three strangely cool photos!




I then went to the Tower Bridge Exhibition and Engine Room - Photos will go up tomorrow.....tired!










No comments:

Post a Comment