Wednesday 16 March 2011

One of my favourite books.....

I have been meandering through 'The Absolute Death' - A bound compilation of the character of 'Death' from Neil Gaiman's 'The Sandman' series of Graphic novels. I adore this book - I know it may seem a little odd to some - but the art work is amazing! In Gaiman's world, Death is the older sister of The Sandman. The idea of Death personified as a somewhat cheerful little goth-girl seems perfectly reasonable to me!

Here are some of my favourite large pieces from the book.......

Adam Hughes


Dave McKean, Colour by Daniel Vozzo

 Chris Bachalo

Chris Bachalo

 Vince Locke

Jill Karla Schwarz

Jon J Muth

(Above) All 'Death' images courtesy of Vertigo Comics
**********
The guardian of the sacred books......!

No comments:

Post a Comment