Saturday 19 March 2011

The Sun has got his hat on.............

On my wanderings today I visited Portobello Road Market....for the first time! Shock horror!!! I thought it was about time that I checked out what the fuss was about - I wasn't overly impressed to be honest! It was rammed - although I should have expected that....Notting Hill + Sunny Day = Mass of tourists! There was a large amount of really interested antiques and quirky items, but also a lot of rubbish and a LOT of over-pricing due to all the tourists. I think if I go back, it will need to be when I am after something in particular for the house/ a present.

I then went to the Cheese and Wine Festival at The Southbank Centre - again, this was not really anything amazing...and was very packed! After eating my sandwich, I had a quick look around - It was mostly stalls selling food to eat there and then. There were a few stalls with Cheese and Wine to buy for at home, put I couldn't bare to battle the crowds!

Carried on my stroll along the river, stopping to have a look at some of teh arty shops at The OXO Tower - One really great shop selling watches......really want to get one, but I don't reeeeally need one!

http://www.mrjoneswatches.com/  - Check it out! 



I then walked on to towards the Tate Modern......on my way, I saw this........................!!!!

Spots Dry Cleaners on Great Guilford Street SE1 (just behind the Tate)
They have a changing art display in the shop! Very cool!!!
I wish I had had my camera with me - had to make do with the phone camera.

Also had a browse in Crazy Pig Designs in Covent Garden.......could not resist! Picked up a sterling silver bird skull earing - just got the one as it is quite large and I want to see how well it will fit on my ear before buying the matching one.....quite pricey!   http://www.crazypigdesigns.com/ Will try and take a photo as I can not find it on their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment